One of the things I hate about shooting in RAW is that I have to go into Lightroom to edit the photos. But the best thing about it though is that my brother has installed way too many presets that I'd go crazy editing them and that's why, most of the time of late, it takes a long time to get my photos done for this blog.
Anyway, last Saturday was Sesame Street Live day. We've been prepping and psyching Arwen for this day for a whole week. Every night she'll literally count the days to Saturday. Lifting her finger one by one she'll go "Day, Mamma work. Day, Daddy work. Atter-day tengok Ammo! Yay!". When Saturday finally rolled in, she woke up at 8am and immediately slapped my face, pulled my hair and shouted in my ear, telling me she wants to watch Elmo. Excited gila.
the song we prepped with on the way
She didnt know what to expect going there. She was a bit confused to see a small stage, and there were a lot of kids there. she was more engrossed watching the other kids than anything else. Finally, the show started and she got all excited to see Big Bird and Elmo on stage. She screamed for Elmo like a little fangirl at a boyband concert. Ok fine, like I did at Jason Mraz's. She was standing and dancing and shaking on her seat and on my lap. The show lasted about one and a half hour, but she was only excited about it the first 15 minutes, and a couple of minutes just as it ended because of the confetti and stringers.
I think the experience has been the highlight of her life thus far because she keeps recollecting the memory of seeing Elmo and all his "acemi-cit" friends in person. Even though we sat quite far from the stage, it's still good for her. She even told me she's 'happiness' to have seen Elmo. That's all that matters to us.






On the way home my brother suggested we go out for buka and we can't think of any place. He suggested Intai-intai but nobody really wanted Malay food. then he asked me bout Solaris. The first thing that came to mind was Tenji. And then Meatworks. I've never been to Solaris and only heard rave reviews about those restaurants. So he reserved us a table at Tenji.
The smorgasbord of japanese pickings were gastronomical. i didnt know where to start so i took whatever i think Arwen would eat and serve and entertain her first before i gorge. But in the end, i only went around 2-3 times and ate most of what the husband took. Ayis and Falie enjoyed it. They know what and how to eat Japanese buffet. Mom and I didn't eat much that night - so not worth the RM100 per head Falie had paid for. But still, thank you Falie. I don't know what i thought about the food but overall, the spread was too overwhelming to enjoy in just 2 hours and by 9pm on every 5 damn they announce that their supper session will start soon so they'll be busy cleaning up around you. That was uncomfortable. I wouldnt go there again. Next time we're at Solaris, we're trying Meatworks!





No comments:
Post a Comment