I got a new job. Well.. not really new. Im still working at the same company Ive been working at for the past 3.. wait.. almost 4 years. (has it been that long? Really?) but I got a new position in the mothership. The mothership have moved to jalan gurney. Where’s that you say? Its okay. I don’t blame you. Most of the cab drivers ask me the same thing. Its out of nowhere yet close enough to the city centre. Kinda miss the old job though. The rush of 2-hour deadlines. The “its okay to go home at 6” time. The better written job reqs. The not so fussy clients. Its not like im dissing my job. But I feel like its not worth the salary they’ve increased. I mean its measly as compared to the pain they’ve put me through. i just feel so used. But im still glad that I have a job to go to every morning. And night. And weekends. Im not entirely happy that it sucks the life out of me. seriously, orang gila je kerja hari ahad tau tak?
My two favorite people in the world.. (well next to ayis and family members, of course) cary and su.. they’ve gotten hitched a coupla months ago. Nice wedding overall. Good weather, nice people. they Make me feel all warm and fuzzy and .. belonged. its like im already a part of the family. nway .. I was called in to volunteer during cary’s reception in semenyih. Then I go and gatal gatal bring my brother’s Olympus E300 dSLR. Tak pasal2 jadi bidan terjun photographer. Shot some pretty amazing wedding photos. I mean .. for and amateur’s standard lah. Saiful nang, be afraid. Be very afraid. Hehehehe.
Lama gila tak pakai SLRs. Last time was during my (repeat) photography class, part 6, ITM. I just had to take that class again or else I couldn’t graduate. I hated photography then. I hated the lecturer. I hated his classes. I hated taking dubious photographs and having to squeeze all my blood and guts to pay to develop them. And I hated my group members. Like seriously.. who shakes the bloody developer canister (or whatever the hell you call it) like margarita? I know lah u didn’t come to class when the hated lecturer was teaching the methods but have some common sense lah kan?
Dad gave me an SLR but it wasn’t a digital. Dulu-dulu mana ada digital? I love it to death and I treasure it like a solitaire pendant. But its obsolete. this is my goal - to save up some money and invest in a good dSLR and a laptop.. preferably an iBook. You know .. just in case my dayjob fails, at least I’d have something to fall back on. i plan on becoming a freelance copywriter slash translator cum designer (a one man show) and part time wedding photographer. Hey there’s good money in that. People get married every weekend. Imagine that. That’s my plan. For now. but as for now.. now when im still hungry, young and able to work until obscene hours in the night and also the weekends (sigh) .. I guess I’ll slave away my youth and vigour to this crazy world of advertising. It’s a pretty neat job come to think about it. I mean.. I have to power to entice people to buy things they don’t really need by using simple words like “this (insert car model) could make up for your sorry excuse of a penis”. Copywriting can be fun when the clients and art directors are riding the same wave.
Ayis and I have long passed the 1 year mark. And we’re going on stronger than ever. Well.. there are a few glitches time and again. But that is expected in a relationship. And like any good relationships, we work things out. Its part of understanding each other I suppose. Ayis is more of a “im just gonna shut up coz I don’t wanna regret saying things I don’t mean to you” kinda guy and im more of a “I don’t care im just gonna say this once and maybe 10 thousand more times coz it don’t seem like your listening. Are you, dammit? So forgive me of I hurt you with my words and ego testing verbalizations coz I don’t think before I speak so help me god” kinda girl. Its hard but we manage to work things out somehow or rather. The thing I love most about him is his patience and his maturity and also his “I love you no matter what” nature.
Im glad how my life has turned out. i have no regrets about the decisions ive made and chose not to make. Im glad that ive met more amazing people along the way. Friends come and go, you make new ones. kinda like what they say about life and lemons and lemonades. Im glad to have friends like the ones I have now. I may not have a lot of other things .. like my own apartment or a car or a 3G phone or a mouth gaping salary. But I feel complete. I have what I need and although nothing’s ever gonna be enough because as humans, its in our nature to always want more. But I feel like right now.. right at this moment ... what I have here is good enough.
Thank you cary for changing my life. For being my terra firma. For being my clown - making me laugh even though you’re crying inside. Thank you for being my ‘twin’. Hehheh. Thank you for reuniting me with your sister. A good friend ive one lost in touch with. (Thank you ina for giving birth to those amazing kids of yours). Hehhehe. Thank you for introducing me to the love of my life. Your nephew, my knight in shining satria. Thank you ayis for saving my life and for loving me come what may. Thank you for your patience and for looking at me the way you do that makes my heart tug at its strings.
Thank you all, for making my life complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment